I’m in the East Coast for the next two weeks and packing for this trip really got me excited for fall weather since my California days are still spent in summer-like wardrobe. Would you mind falling in line with the cold-weather movement, California? Thanks, much appreciated.
With fall and winter weather just around the corner, I’m not only looking forward to the season of holidays, but the chance to dress this bump in accordance. For my last pregnancy, my second and third trimester was spent during the spring-summer months which called for lots of dresses and dips in the pool to keep me from overheating. However, I can finally get my chance to dress my bump in what is my favorite time of the year to be fashionable.
In order to stay stylish while intermingling my pre-pregnancy clothes with my newly purchased maternity clothes, I’ve rounded up 5 maternity style hacks to help me look fashionable for fall thru winter:
1. Wear loose fitting dresses. For colder days throw on pregnancy leggings underneath.
2. Take a button up shirt and knot it above the belly. Looks super cute with a knotted t-shirt too.
3. I’m totally loving a cape and every since I saw Burberry’s monogrammed poncho, I’ve been counting down the days till I can recreate this look. There’s no denying the cuteness when you’ve a bump peeking out.
4. When you’re pregnant you tend to get overheated easily, so layering is a must. Especially paired with a vest.
5. I’m the biggest advocate for hats all year round. Whether it’s a baseball cap or a fedora, I usually have one donned upon my head. The right hat can turn a plain or relaxed outfit, into a chic Instagram-worthy outfit.